Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Support local and handmade, its becoming a lost art.


Handmade items would be a thing of the past if it weren't for the small local communities of crafters, I'm honoured to be apart of such and awesome one as felt.co.nz and want to get the word out so everyone can enjoy it.

You can find almost anything on there from soap to reusable sandwich wrappers to cushion covers to letter press invites. And of course my jewelery rolls, drawstring bags and now cushion covers. Its not just on felt.co.nz either local markets are great for finding cool crafts and especially food, I unfortunately work Sundays so miss alot of good ones, but I get to them when I can. I'm also a huge advocate for second hand clothing stores, especially with fashion as it is. I love nothing more than cosying up in my over sized made in NZ woolen jumper and knowing that it only cost me $2; and is much better quality than some new poly woly, makes it even better.
I'll keep you posted with all my great local finds as they come up, I got a great gilt mirror at bargain price from super shed the other day and will have photos to show you all soon.
                                      

 Keep dreaming and keep it beautiful,
The welcome swallow.

1 comment:

  1. This is so great. Local and homemade/handmade has much lower impact on the Earth and its resources. So there with you! Especially the find from the SuperShed !!

    ReplyDelete