Friday, 12 June 2009

The Brownie Recipe


To all my friends, sorry its taken me so long. As much as I would like to keep it a secret it wouldn't be fair, so here it is. To be enjoyed with friends and a cup of tea.

Ingredients

625g milk and dark chocolate(about 2 and 1/4 Cadbury blocks)
1 pound(500g) butter
2 cups sugar
6 eggs(no 6)
1 tble instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla
500g white chocolate buttons (or walnuts or pecans)
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup of flour

Method

Preheat oven 180 to 200 C

Melt milk/dark chocolate and butter over double boiler.

Sift flour, salt and baking powder.

Beat eggs, sugar, coffee and vanilla

Combine slightly cooled chocolate and butter to egg mixture.

Add flour to chocolate egg mixture.

Add white chocolate or walnuts to mixture. Combine well.

Butter and flour 30cm x 40cm x 5cm baking tray.

Pour into baking tray.

Bake in oven for 35min, rotating 180 degrees halfway through.


Enjoy.




4 comments:

  1. YUSS! While I'm certainly not the best in the kitchen I am so there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the honour of watching this being made and getting to scoff some down (I was only allowed one piece I think). Felt my bum expand as I was watching. Awesome Fi. I'm linking you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, you should change your name to Sofia Eleni, such a gorgeous name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you have yours as susanna wyn, thought id do the same with mine. xxoo

    ReplyDelete