Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Dancing


I have recently discovered the simple pleasure of dancing; I have been taking ballet lessons for the last 6 weeks and I'm now finding dancing to be extremely enjoyable, be it a bit uncoordinated. And I don't mean dancing in clubs or at parties, but cranking up a good song and just having a dance by yourself. Its incredibly liberating, especially since you don't have to worry about what anyone thinks. You should give it a try, here's some of my favourites to dance to:
  • Don't upset the rhythm - The Noisettes
  • Kings of the wild frontier - Adam and the ants
  • Work - Kelly Rowland
  • Stuck on repeat - Little boots
  • Paris is burning - Ladyhawke
  • I know what I am - Band of skulls
  • No you girls - Franz Ferdinand
  • Beggin - Madcon
  • New in town - Little boots
  • Human - Killers

And for something a bit more classical:
  • Beau soir - Debussy
  • Prelude in E minor - Frederic Chopin
  • Vocalise - Rachmaninov
  • Postcards - Alez Desplat (Curious case of Benjamin Button soundtrack)
  • Lord Melbourne - London Metropolitan Orchestra (The young Victoria soundtrack)
  • Letters from Victoria - London Metropolitan Orchestra
  • Comptine d'ine autre ete - Yann Tiersen (Amelie soundtrack)
  • La valse d'Amelie - Yann Tiersen

4 comments:

  1. Great post F. Will be checking out your top music choices. V Cold here so maybe some dancing will help. Check out this lovely Rome Summer Love video from the blog M.A. Belle -
    http://m-a-belle.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, cloudy but warm here today, off for bagels in Brick lane. Why are you not following me yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. for the record brick lane/shorditch/whitechapel totally sucks, we never even got bagels. and you should follow me publicly cos then it looks like people actually read my blog.

    ReplyDelete