Tuesday, 16 June 2009

images

While struggling to find something to write about I stumbled on a website of famous photos, I have always been the kind of person with pictures on my walls and torn pages from magazines in my bag. I'm attracted to imagery, photos are so powerful and whether they are positive or negative they evoke feeling. Here's some I found.

June 11, 1963, Thich Quang Duc, a monk from Vietnam. Burning himself to death to bring attention to the repressive policies of the Catholic Diem regime. (While burning Thich Quang Duc never moved)

I find this image difficult to look at but I can't take my eyes of it, its so powerful. To believe in something so much that you will light yourself on fire, must be incredible.




London Calling
Photographer:Pennie Smith

I love this one, its such an epic moment. Pennie Smith photographed The Clash for their album, she originally didn't intend for the photo to be used because it was to out of focus. I reckon it makes it better.


La Gare Montparnasse, 1895

This one is great, you'd never believe it if you weren't there.





1 comment:

  1. got the album The Clash - by you'll neva guess who. Apparently for those who can ski the best way down hill. Love the bird image & the lightness of it all - you go girl!!!

    Love GDS

    ReplyDelete